I e-filed and provided my checking account info fo...

hankncari

I e-filed and provided my checking account info for tax payment, but 4 days (including a weekend) later my checking account has not been debited. Something go wrong?

Should the direct debit through Turbo Tax happen right away?  Or am I waiting for the IRS to trigger the payment?  I there's a problem who do I contact and how?

Thank you!

The IRS is backlogged and is not able to process returns as quickly as they have been able to process them in normal times.   They do want your payment and will debit your account when they process your return—it just might not happen on the date you requested.  Keep the funds available in your account and watch for the withdrawal.

hankncari

Great thanks for the info, will do!