Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hankncari

I e-filed and provided my checking account info for tax payment, but 4 days (including a weekend) later my checking account has not been debited. Something go wrong?

Should the direct debit through Turbo Tax happen right away?  Or am I waiting for the IRS to trigger the payment?  I there's a problem who do I contact and how?

Thank you!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I e-filed and provided my checking account info for tax payment, but 4 days (including a weekend) later my checking account has not been debited. Something go wrong?

The IRS is backlogged and is not able to process returns as quickly as they have been able to process them in normal times.   They do want your payment and will debit your account when they process your return—it just might not happen on the date you requested.  Keep the funds available in your account and watch for the withdrawal.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
hankncari

Great thanks for the info, will do!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies