turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mbtiger66

I do not have a code in box 12a of my W2, only a zero. Does anyone know what I should do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

I do not have a code in box 12a of my W2, only a zero. Does anyone know what I should do?

It depends -

Since you only have a Zero (0) in box 12a of your W-2, when you are entering your W-2 into TurboTax, just leave box 12a blank (no entry).

If you have an amount on line 12a but no code, then you will need to contact your employer to request this information and possibly a correct W-2.

If you are still having issues with your W-2 after changing box 12a from zero to blank (no entry) then you may want to delete your W-2 all together and reenter with the 12a section left blank.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

It depends -

Since you only have a Zero (0) in box 12a of your W-2, when you are entering your W-2 into TurboTax, just leave box 12a blank (no entry).

If you have an amount on line 12a but no code, then you will need to contact your employer to request this information and possibly a correct W-2.

If you are still having issues with your W-2 after changing box 12a from zero to blank (no entry) then you may want to delete your W-2 all together and reenter with the 12a section left blank.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies