turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn't receive a 1099-misc from a Crypto Lending platform because the amount was small. Where do I report this?

I reported this in "Miscellaneous Income" > "Other reportable income" at the very bottom instead of "Other income not already reported on a Form W-2 or Form 1099" since this wasn't really earned income from labor. Is this the correct way to do it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I didn't receive a 1099-misc from a Crypto Lending platform because the amount was small. Where do I report this?

Sales are reported on the form 8949 & Sch D even if no 1099-B is issued ... do NOT enter it in the 1099-MISC area.

These aren't sales. I "earned" these from lending my crypto in a lending platform such as Celsius, Blockfi, etc. 

Multiple posts :  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2432787

If you earned them because you worked for them then they go on a Sch C even if you don't get a reporting form for the income.

If some of the crypto was liquidated or sold it goes on the Sch D.

If these were misc income they go on sch 1 line 8. 

What do you mean by multiple posts?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies