Solved: I didn’t finish filing last year and I need my agi to finish my 2018 tax return and the irs website says I have to wait ten days to get a confirmation just to see my agi

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kduerre7242

I didn’t finish filing last year and I need my agi to finish my 2018 tax return and the irs website says I have to wait ten days to get a confirmation just to see my agi

Quicker way to get this number?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DoninGA
Level 15

I didn’t finish filing last year and I need my agi to finish my 2018 tax return and the irs website says I have to wait ten days to get a confirmation just to see my agi

If the IRS is rejecting your tax return even with a 0 (zero) entered for the 2017 AGI then you have no choice but to print and mail the 2018 tax return.  The 2017 AGI is not required with a mailed tax return since you have to physically sign and date the tax return before mailing.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing when using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DoninGA
Level 15

Since you did not file a 2017 tax return, you would need to enter a 0 (zero) for the 2017 AGI
kduerre7242

I did that and is still said it was wrong... I’m so confused
DoninGA
Level 15

If the IRS is rejecting your tax return even with a 0 (zero) entered for the 2017 AGI then you have no choice but to print and mail the 2018 tax return.  The 2017 AGI is not required with a mailed tax return since you have to physically sign and date the tax return before mailing.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing when using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings