Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bador23

I did not receive a W-2 in 2020 I was able to use 2019 income.When I proceed to efile it says I need to mail my return because efile does not support the forms needed?

It does not list additional forms or that I have anything else to review.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I did not receive a W-2 in 2020 I was able to use 2019 income.When I proceed to efile it says I need to mail my return because efile does not support the forms needed?

What?    No!   You do not enter 2019 income on a 2020 tax return!    The online program is only for a 2020 return and only 2020 income can be entered.   Did you e-file?   STOP   if you did not e-file.   Your return is all wrong.  Why did you use 2019 income?   What were you trying to do?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
bador23

The covid relief tax laws have adjusted to allow filers to use 2019 income if it is greater than 2020 to maximize returns this year. It is legitimate and can be found on the IRS website, thus why turbo tax asks this question. I spoke with a turbo tax CPA and was informed that it is correct. I believe the issue is my EIC since I don't have reportable earned income for 2020. Checking to see what can be used as earned income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies