Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

robgiza35

I filed my taxes and forgot to include my 1095-B form(Health Coverage).What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

I filed my taxes and forgot to include my 1095-B form(Health Coverage).What should I do?

Good news the 1095-B does not need to be filed! You don’t need your form 1095-B to file your tax return.  TurboTax will ask you questions about your health coverage but your form 1095-B isn’t needed. Just keep the form for your files.

If you’ve already filed and then receive it, it’s ok.  You don’t need to amend your return.

I did my tax return on turbotax. I made a mistake and put that I didn't  have insurance.  I had to pay $57.99 a month in penalties. Should I  file an amendment before I  get my return or should I  wait until I  received  my return? I had insurance for seven months.
kitti979

I’d like to know as well so o can amend my return from
Last year
johncasado022
Returning Member

• I forgot to add my marketplace California insurance 1095-A into my return?
BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

If you received a Form 1095-A, you will need to enter the information in your tax return.

If you have already filed your tax return, you will need to wait to see if it is accepted or rejected. 

If it is accepted, you will need to amend your tax return to include the Form 1095-A information in your tax return. Please see the steps below to amend your return:

1. Log into TurboTax and click on "Tax Home"
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents (you may need to select Show)
  3. Select 2019 and then Amend (change) return
  4. Select Amend using TurboTax Online

If your return is rejected, you can add your Form 1095-A as stated below. 

Here are the steps to add Form 1095-A in your return:

1. Click on Federal from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen
  2. Click on "Deductions & Credits" at the top, scroll down to "Medical" and click on "Show More"
  3. Click on "Start" or "Revisit" to the right of "Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A)"
  4. Click on "Yes" and then "Continue"
  5. Enter the information from your 1095-A

Please see this TurboTax article for more information.

@johncasado022

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Spring place 52
Returning Member

I forgot to upload mine. And IRS sent me a letter saying I need to fax it in. And will take another 8 weeks for my taxes 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Do you mean IRS form 1095-A?  Were you asked to complete IRS form 8962?

If so, here is how you complete IRS form 8962.  

• Select that you want to Add a state - this lets you into the program without the amend process starting.
  • In the top right corner, locate the Magnifying glass/Search
  • Enter the exact words 1095a.
  • Select the first entry Jump to 1095a.
  • Fill in the 1095a information.
  • Print out IRS form 8962.

If you have filed your Federal tax return without form 8962, you will likely be notified by the IRS that you need to file form 8962 Premium Tax Credit.  

See also this help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
noegarci

What if you had put NO in that section because at the time I filed I didn’t have the form 1095 B so I clicked no,but just received it in the mail today. Do I need to amend my taxes? 

@noegarci wrote:

What if you had put NO in that section because at the time I filed I didn’t have the form 1095 B so I clicked no,but just received it in the mail today. Do I need to amend my taxes? 

A Form 1095-B is not entered on a tax return.  Keep a copy for your records

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies