Solved: I'd like to know why my taxes cannot be e-filed

montanocharles

I'd like to know why my taxes cannot be e-filed

It's not giving me a reason why my taxes cannot be e-filed

bluedeb

This is a user to user forum.  No one can see your return to find out why you cannot e-file.  The following gives some reasons why you would not be able to e-file.

When a tax return can't be e-filed no matter what you do

Returns can't be e-filed if they:

Many nonresident and part-year state returns cannot be e-filed either, due to circumstances beyond our control (we'll let you know if your non- or part-year resident return must be paper-filed).

In addition, certain returns keep getting rejected because somebody already claimed a dependent on the return or because of incorrect information in the IRS database. In these cases, there's really nothing you can do to "fix" your return so you can e-file it. For this year at least, you'll need to file a paper return instead.

bluedeb

Returns can't be e-filed if they:

Sheena19891

I ended up having to delete my state return re add it and then pay $40 to get it to file. I do not know why this happened as it has never happened before. This is my 3rd year using turbotax and the first time I had to pay to file not to mention I had to pay $40 additional dollars because I have a retirement plan.

MichelleLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@Sheena19891