Gemini6886

I cannot finish filing because I have to wait on my 1040 which is it here yet but if I go ahead and pay for the service out of pocket will I be eligible for the advance?

The tax refund advance is not available until the 2020 federal tax return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS.

Go to this TurboTax website for tax refund advance information - https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance

Your eligibility for the advance is determined by your expected refund, the state you live in, and other factors.  Paying the fee for TurboTax now will lock in today’s price, but does not guarantee the offer of an advance.  Advances only cover the 14-21 days that it typically takes for a refund to be paid after a return is filed and accepted, and nothing will be paid until the IRS officially accepts your return, which will not occur until after January 27.