Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't activate turboTax after I enter the license code and get an error code back: 605

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

I can't activate turboTax after I enter the license code and get an error code back: 605

Please see the TurboTax help topic below for assistance with your license code:

My code doesn't work

If you’re still having trouble with your code, Contact us .

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

i had a call with customer care and they  said,  error 605 means the license  is in canceled state 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. 

how did you reactivate it?

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

If you receive an error code that says, "The license code you entered is not valid. Error code: XXX", it means the code you're entering is either not valid for that product or is no longer active. Check that you're entering the code exactly as it appears on your CD insert or copy and paste it directly from your Downloads.

If you receive a error code with a message saying, “All available activations for that code have been used,” that means your code has already been used the maximum number of times, and therefore can’t be used to install the software on another computer. TurboTax can be installed on up to five computers using the same license code. 

If you receive either one of these errors, wait a few minutes and re-enter your license code:

• Sorry, we're experiencing a problem on our end. Please try again later. Error code: 620
  • There was an error with validating your license code, please try again later. Error code: 630

If you’re still having trouble with your code, Contact us .

crw4939
Returning Member

Activation code has worked after 6 weeks. Several updates were taken fine until tonight. It now says invalid code error 605. Have both entered by hand & done copy/paste. [product key removed]

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click the link below to contact Customer Support for assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

sunk818
Returning Member

I purchased the license with my AmEx. It shows in my account. Why is the license shown as cancelled when I purchased it and should be able to activate on my desktop? 

The license code you entered is not valid. Error code: 605

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone. We are unable to view your account or license code here in this public forum. @sunk818

robertgillmore
Returning Member

I have deleted the cd and restarted it and got the same massage error code 605

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

We can better assist you with this issue over the phone.  To speak with a TurboTax Expert, refer to the instructions in the following Help Article:  How do I contact TurboTax?

@robertgillmore 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies