Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I bought a digital download, started my return with Turbo tax, and now when I log in, it takes me to a "not started" page and I cannot open my return. How to get to it?

I got through the first several sections of it with TurboTax, so I know it was all valid and working, but am not able to get to a screen to open my saved progress. Help, please!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I bought a digital download, started my return with Turbo tax, and now when I log in, it takes me to a "not started" page and I cannot open my return. How to get to it?

If you are using the CD/download, the tax return is stored on your own hard drive.  It is not online and you should not be trying to log in to an online account to work on your return.  Did you download and update the the desktop software?   If so, open the program up from your hard drive, just like you open other programs on your own computer.  Then go to File and click Open Return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Oh my, I'll look. Thanks so much!

dudleyg

There are two ways to file your taxes with TurboTax.  One is to purchase TurboTax and install it on your computer.  The second is to file your taxes online.  You chose the first option, but are now trying to do your taxes online.  You should not login to TurboTax.  Instead you should open the TurboTax application on your computer.  If you're using Windows, click the start button, and look for the TurboTax 2022 application.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies