I am using the CD version, how to save the data I've entered so far?

the options with online version are not available with the CD version

Go up to the left hand corner and click on File and then Save.  You do have to SAVE with desktop--it does not autosave.

there is no File at the left hand corner on the CD version!!  this answer did not help me. Any other suggestions?  Thanks.

It looks like you are posting from a Mac.  Go up near the little "apple" on the top left of your screen.  Do you see "File" up there?

No "File", that little Apple is about this Mac, not related to what I am working on...

I did not say to click on the apple.  Look a little to the right of the apple.  Do you not see the word File?