Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jghutto

I am unable to transmit my federal and WI state Trust taxes. I receive an error message indicating Turbo Tax is not yet ready. Is there an estimated date for a fix?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I am unable to transmit my federal and WI state Trust taxes. I receive an error message indicating Turbo Tax is not yet ready. Is there an estimated date for a fix?

I show Wisconsin Fiduciary Forms are available. Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

Business State Forms Availability 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jghutto

The problem is with both the federal and WI state.  The issue seems to be form 8453-FE.  The federal forms indicate this form is not supported but the desktop version of turbo requires I attach a signed version of this form.  Please advise.

jghutto

The suggested fix did not solve the issue.  The issue appears to be form 8453-FE.  The form is unsupported in the desktop version but required in the desktop version to transmit.  This is a programming issue.  I need a programmer to review.

Eric_from_WI
Returning Member

I was able to file the Fed Tax 1041 separately - with the 8453-FE attached, but electing to pay tax due by check (manually). As I recall, this worked last year, so something has been screwed up for 2023. HOWEVER - I have not yet been able to file the Wisconsin Form 2 electronically despite electing to pay tax due by check.

IT IS OUTRAGEOUS that this problem exists. Just saying.

Eric_from_WI
Returning Member

AND, I have been restarting, etc., updating, yada yada. WTAF

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Since you have updated your program and are still having issues electronically filing your tax return, you may need to manually update your software.  

See this link for specific instructions.  This should help resolve any issues with your program being updated, and should allow you to proceed and file your tax return.

@Eric_from_WI 

Eric_from_WI
Returning Member

I updated TT this morning (Friday,Mar 15), redid the WI return, updated manually (again). Still no luck. When will TT fix this bug??

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Do you have any of the unsupported forms?  Please check here for form and efile availability: Business State Forms Availability 

Eric_from_WI
Returning Member

This is a reply to CatinaT1 whose advice was:

Do you have any of the unsupported forms?  Please check here for form and efile availability: Business State Forms Availability 

I checked this. The Form that is "unavailable" in my filing is the Form EPV - BUT - HERE'S THE PROBLEM:

It's listed as "EPV" in the forms list (when I go there from "step-by-step") and I have attempted to delete it multiple times and then file - no luck (I owe something like $96 BTW). The s/w says I have deleted it, but it never goes away.  AND THEN, when I looked at the actual form - it's not EPV (for electronic payment) but "PV" which is the correct form to use if I am mailing a check. Here's the real kicker - the s/w says I MUST file electronically and that Wisconsin won't accept a mailed in form. And when I try to print out "Forms for Filing", it won't let me. I just have to print it out as if it's for my files.

Bottom line, TT has a huge problem here. And if you don't fix this, I want my money back.

@CatinaT1 @JotikaT2 @Vogllaw 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

They should be able to do a screenshare and determine what the issue is or can direct you on a refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies