Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am unable to open Turbotax for 2015. I am on a Mac with Sierra OS.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Do you mean "High Sierra" (10.13.4)?   There is no known problem with Sierra (10.12).

That is a known issue that seems to have been created by Apple with a change in OSX 10.13.4. There was no problem with OSX 10.13.3.

Since this is not a defect in the TurboTax software, but is due to a change that Apple made which causes an internal Apple java script function to crash while reading an embedded java script component in the TurboTax application, TurboTax will not be issuing any update to the TurboTax software. However, TurboTax has issued a workaround to remove the java script from the TurboTax application so that the Apple software will not crash.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4477509-turbotax-2014-and-2015-for-mac-crashes-on-launch

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6960641

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
thepesci

I managed to fix TT2014, but TT2015 wont start, I have macOS Mojave 10.14.3, any ideas on how to resolve this?
edwarda19038
Returning Member

Good luck.  I tried multiple times, spent a ttal of 2 hours on the phone with them, did what they told me, went to the worthless link they sent me in the same email they sent you, deleted it, got a refund, repurchased, still no go.  So I am looking at HR Block.  If you find a solution, please post.

b2b28

I downloaded the Terminal link and ran it--OS Mojave 10.4.5. It worked. Turbotax opened up and my old tax file also opened up. 2015 is the only year I have tried.

atguru
Returning Member

Yup! Run the terminal patch! It works great!

can someone post a good link to the patch? The links from last year resolve to a "TurboTax Support has moved" page, and thread IDs don't seem to help.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Customer Support phone number below for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I purchased TT 2015 directly from TurboTax on Jan. 17, 2020. 

Won’t  open.  Intuit should provide workaround.  

Open up terminal and do the following and restart:

mv /Applications/TurboTax\ Premier\ 2015.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Assets/asset_service.js /Applications/TurboTax\ Premier\ 2015.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Assets/asset_service.js.bak

This seems to work for me at least.. all i needed to do was amend my return.

gcaton
Returning Member

Do you happen to know what will work to get TT2014 Home & Business to open on my mac? I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6.

gweez
Returning Member

Thanks!  This fixed TurboTax Home and Business 2015 (running on MacOS Mojave).  The Intuit links to the fix are indeed circular.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies