Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wmkkidd

I am trying to file my Stimulus Registration. And it keeps saying my transmission didn't go through, that there are errors?

Your transmission didn't go through
We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
We're sorry, we have found errors in your return that prevent us from efiling. Please return to the "Review" tab.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

I am trying to file my Stimulus Registration. And it keeps saying my transmission didn't go through, that there are errors?

You can try logging out of the program, clearing your history, and then logging back in.  This may rectify any issues with the transmission.

Also, be sure you are using the following link to file for the Stimulus Registration.

Stimulus check calculator

Attached is some additional information in regards to the stimulus payments.

How will the Stimulus package affect me

[Edited 4/6/20|1:11pm PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same issue. We are using the stimulus registration tool, not filing taxes.

When reviewing the information, it appears the FEIN is not provided on the created 1099 form for interest (Turbotax creates a $1 entry during the registration). However, if you do update the FEIN to 99-9999999 (as recommended by another employee response), the registration does still not go through and instead returns the statement the transmission didn't go through due to an error.

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Thank you for the information, we are looking it this issue and will get back with you.

@wmkkidd

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Our team looked into this matter, please retry electronically filing your stimulus registration later today.  This issue should be fixed.  

Please make sure that you are using this link for your Stimulus Registration.  Here is where you can find where to file your Stimulus Registration on this link:

@wmkkidd

Can I please have some help with the same issue? I did not file this year just filing for the stimulus payment and everytime it tells me that my transmission wasn’t sent. Please and thank you.

I've been having the same issue as the original poster. 

Still not working for me ! (4-7, 12am.)

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for assistance with transmission issues:

What if Transmit Returns doesn't work?

Butters5000
Returning Member

keep getting the transmission didn't go threw error, also tried using different browsers.

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Please make sure that you are using this link for your Stimulus Registration.  When you are on this webpage, scroll toward the bottom and select, If you don't need to file your taxes this year.

Butters5000
Returning Member

did that on both browsers, still ends up saying same thing, and it doesn't say why the error comes up.

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I am sorry you are having this issue, there could be something else going on, here are a couple of things that you can try to get past this snag,

• Try closing TurboTax,
  • Compete a  disk cleanup,
  • Restart your computer.  

If this doesn't work try this:

• If you've enabled pop-up blocking in your web browser, please turn it off and try again.
  • If it's still not working, try again using a different web browser. (For example, if you're using Chrome, try using Explorer or Safari instead.)
  • If those suggestions didn't help, try going back to your first browser and delete cookies.

If you have no luck, please contact us.

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

The problem is not browser or PC related, although I wish it were as simple. Despite the original poster's description of the error as being one found within the information submitted--and my echoing of that description--I attempted all technical solutions, and none of them worked (although not surprisingly). Chrome, Firefox, etc will all have the same issue as it is not related to the browser but TurboTax flagging something for review that does not need review, and the stimulus registration tool not allowing the user to simply skip it.

The issue is because TurboTax stimulus registration tool does not supply a FEIN for the $1.00 interest it adds, and when attempting to either leave it blank or add 99-9999999 as the FEIN it will still reject the submission.

The error received is:

Your transmission didn't go through
We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
We're sorry, we have found errors in your return that prevent us from efiling. Please return to the "Review" tab to resolve these issues.

When going to review the submission, the user will find that the FEIN flags the interest form for review. The user does not appear to be able to skip past this, and it is the only issue flagged for review.

I do not have a reportable income and, as such, standard e-filing is not an option for me. Instead, I need to use the stimulus registration tool, but it is generating information errors, and checks have been announced to be issued possibly within the week. Please advise.
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Did you file in this link  and selected the link that says "If you don’t need to file your taxes this year" register now."  

Just like the other users have mentioned. I've followed your suggestions to a T. Going to the Link, selected the link that says "If you don’t need to file your taxes this year" register now." Cleared history and cookies, turned off pop-up blocker, using different browser, restarted computer. It's still giving error message "Your transmission didn't go through" without  listing any reason.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies