I've tried it several ways, and it always takes as long as the Govt interest amount doesn't exceed box 1a.
Perhaps...delete that 1099-DIV entirely and enter it again from scratch....manually. Don't import it if you did that before either. Be carful not to hit the comma key next to the decimal point if you are using the main keyboard.
and Don't enter any 0.00 values in any of the other boxes...those shouldn't affect what you are doing, but one never knows.
Other??? don't use phone to fill in anything...dang autocorrect messes up thousands of folks. Of course, an autocorrect on any computer could mess up a tax file, but phones are notorious....or use another browser instead and see what happens?
An FAQ sign-up for that error:
but a simple workaround for now:
go back and
1) Edit the 1099-DIV in question
2) On the page that shows boxes 1a, 1b and 2a....just click on the box to show all the other boxes ( you apparently don't need ) "My form has info in other boxes"
3) Scroll to the bottom of the page, and hit "Continue"
4) Next page make sure you have the "A portion of these dividends is U.S. Government interest" and hit "Continue"
5) Enter the US govt interest in the box provided and continue out to the 1099-DIV table.
should be OK now.......don't uncheck that box in step #2 or it will go away again.