Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am not paying $964 for my state taxes there's something wrong with my state taxes I look through it a hundred times I can't find it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I am not paying $964 for my state taxes there's something wrong with my state taxes I look through it a hundred times I can't find it.

I would like to know why I got paid $964 this year and every other year I didn't have to pay nothing always broke even there is something wrong I did everything TurboTax wanted me to do can I get a telephone number that I can call someone.

what you need to do is to review/Edit each W-2 form that you entered...and look at boxes 15-thru-17.  People commonly double key a number, or miss a decimal point, or invert some digits.....either in their state income entry, or in their State withholding...

Examples:  $56,000 of state income listed as $65,000   ....  or $1,345 of state withholding accidentally entered as $345.

Any other forms with income also need to be examined..in the software..for similar typing errors.  A final check would be to print out the 2018 state tax return, and compare it line-by-line with your 2017 tax forms to find and income item unreasonably large, or a prepayment (withholding) value too low.   OR ..maybe you just owe the state this year.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

If you imported your W2, Delete it and reenter it manually.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

print the return and put it in your desk drawer for three days. come back and look at it and you will see the error (if any).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies