I am having issues importing Financial Institution...

sehoffma

I am having issues importing Financial Institution Data from Bank of America and Merrill Lynch Edge into TurboTax Home

I get messages every couple of days from Merrill Lynch saying that their system is undergoing maintenance until certain date and time when clicking on ML for the Financial Institution.  I come back after the system is ready, and login with my ML credentials and then get a message saying my data is not available until the following day.  This has been a never ending loop for the entire month of February.  BofA tries to import my 1099 (>$10.00) but after importing TT says import was unsuccessful then says no problem we will help you enter your data, then takes me back to the BofA login screen for a never ending loop.   All other Financial institution data, imports successfully.
Mike9241

call them.  they are the only ones that can answer your questions as to the issues you are having.

sehoffma

I called both BofA and TurboTax.  No solution found.  It hangs at the 2 step verification.  Both parties point fingers at each other and I'm left out.

KittyKatKelsey

Try importing from Mint. Mint and TurboTax must have the same credentials for this to work. Just link the financial institutions to Mint. Try and tell us if it worked for you.

sehoffma

I don't have Mint, but do have Quicken,  I am able to download from BofA with no issues from there, but this is not my Tax forms.  Could you be a little more specific on what I would be doing with Mint vs TurboTax?

CarissaM

Mint will allow you to export your transaction into a CSV file, which could be used for tax purposes. 

However if you did not have the account connected within Mint already, it may not be of much use as they would only pull in up to the last 90 days of transactions. So if you are considering Mint, now is a good time as it would have all of 2021 transactions for the next tax year. 

sehoffma

I believe I may have posted this question in the wrong area.  Unfortunately, I can’t figure out where to post this question.  I am using the desktop version of TurboTax Home & Biz not the online version.  

CarissaM

This would be best resolved by speaking with a member of our customer support team by clicking here