Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am having difficulty contacting a person at Intuit/TurboTax. the Intuit Assist puts me into a loop that repeatedly sends me here. Can anyone help me?

My spouse rec'd a 6-digit IP-PIN # earlier this year.  I have my previous year return's 5-digit PIN.  I've followed the process "help" recommended to enter spousal 6-digit IP-PIN, but the last e-file screen still requests a 5-digit PIN for her.  How do I proceed.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am having difficulty contacting a person at Intuit/TurboTax. the Intuit Assist puts me into a loop that repeatedly sends me here. Can anyone help me?

If you have a 6 digit PIN issued to you by the IRS you need to enter it in order to e-file.  Go to Federal>Other Tax Situations>Other Return Info>Identity Protection PIN and enter the six-digit PIN.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

To enter, edit or delete a 6 digit IP PIN

Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
Click on Other Tax Situations
Scroll down to Other Return Info
On Identity Protection PIN, click the start button

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies