Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bk47
Returning Member

Will you reopen my case. Case:xxxxxxxxx.  Please call after 1 PM CT. I was working with Chris (CPA) with my ROTH Conversions.   He suspected a software problem.

I was working with Chris on a problem I encountered with my ROTH Conversions.   After about 1 hour he said he was unable to assist me in resolving this issue and suspected a software problem and was transferring me to Tech Support.  The phone call connected but instantly DISCONNECTED.  I spent approximately 6 hours before contacting support going down numerous rabbit holes with results of $6000 overpayment to $6000 underpayment.  Then I spent another hour with Chris resulting in a $900 underpayment and another hour getting disconnected repeatedly trying to continue case xxxxxxxxx to get the software debugged.
Using a competitor website I should get a $1913 refund which seems more accurate.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Will you reopen my case. Case:xxxxxxxxx.  Please call after 1 PM CT. I was working with Chris (CPA) with my ROTH Conversions.   He suspected a software problem.

Depending on your situation, click this link for more info on Roth to Traditional IRA Recharacterization and Roth Conversion

This link has info on Traditional IRA to Roth IRA Conversions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies