turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

loweadrie

I am getting an error on the review on my k-1, there must be an entry for 4c, there is no 4c?

I am getting an error on the review on my k-1, there must be an entry for 4c, there is no 4c?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Bennie-R

A customer was able to clear this error using TurboTax Desktop version by doing the following:

1. Switch to Forms Mode.

2. Find CA Form 565 K-1 Partnership Worksheet.

3. Note Line 7 of the form. Does it say "Untitled". If so, go to Step 4. If not, no answer.

4. Find and select the untitled Schedule E Worksheet in the list of forms in the return. 

5. Delete the empty, untitled Schedule E Worksheet.

6. Return to Step-by-Step Mode and run SmartCheck again.

Error message should be cleared.

There's currently another open question on this as it also happened to me.  I believe it's currently a bug in TurboTax.  If you're lucky, it's that your K-1 needs to be a Trust which "does" have Line 4c included.  But seems to be a bug when TurboTax decides to move data from a Partnership/LLC-type K-1 to a new worksheet.  Hopefully they'll have a bug-fix update soon...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies