Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am getting an error importing my 1099's from T Rowe Price

I have been getting this error ever since I started to try and import my 1099s into TT 2021/Mac, about a week or so ago. I have imported 1099s successfully from other FIs. I know the 1099s exist as I got a paper copy in the mail. It doesn't advise a course of action, what can be done?

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 2.32.40 PM.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
AamilD
Expert Alumni

You can type the 1099-INT manually instead of importing if it is giving you an error on that particular form.

Please see the below image for reference. I have highlighted the option which you can select and try.

Thanks, but I have 16 1099s coming from them, and it doesn't say which is (or are) the problem - it's just that one generic error. Given I have TT I would highly prefer the problem be fixed and not resort to error-prone manual data entry!

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

As you can see, the response is from T. Rowe Price.  The problem is on their end - it is not a TurboTax issue.  I recommend you give it a few days and try again.  If the problem persists, contact T. Rowe Price.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So after two days with T Rowe Price tech support, they said I need to contact Turbo Tax. They didn’t see anything on their end that would keep the accounts from connecting.

The problem appears to be, if I believe what I am being told, that I have some accounts on 1099s where the account balances are $0 yet there are reported 1099s. Several funds were closed out during the year, and others were converted to a different fund in a non-tax conversion by T Rowe Price, also with dividends/cap gains during the year but now with balances of $0. Apparently last year Turbo Tax no longer supports funds with a balance of $0 or something, which if true is totally ludicrous due to use cases like mine and others. But it is what it is I guess. 

Don I 100% agree with you. I got the same responses from TRP and Turbotax, i.e. each blaming the other.

I finally caved and entered 15 accounts manually!!!

T Rowe Price recommends using Turbo Tax to import data, and I think they really should work withTurboTax to solve this problem.

Aamil,

This is simply and unacceptable response. If you are a TurboTax expert you should bring this issue up, since this has been an ongoing issue. Thanks.

Yep, they told me the same thing. Contact TurboTax. I only able to import one 1099, TT refused to import the others.

That's what they also  told me.

How do we notify TT that there's a T.RowePrice import issue??? Are they monitoring this forum? Obviously, there are users having this problem. Yes, data can be entered manually, but that's not the point. Some of use have a ton of 1099s to enter with the opportunity to transpose numbers, etc.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for sharing your issue with us. Have you tried a different browser like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome? Many people have stated using Edge and removing the pop-up blockers has helped. Please let us know if you are successful using a different browser.

You may need to contact customer service directly for assistance. Please see the following information here for more details.

@Patzee 

Thanks, but I'm not using the online version -- so, I'm not using any browser. I'm using TT to import the information. No idea how the online version works.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You may want to try clearing your browser's cache and delete cookies. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly when trying to connect to your web browser to import your documents. 

@Patzee 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies