Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wagned01

I am filling out the information for my 1099-G form. Is "Payer Name" my name? Is the address my current address or the address when I collected unemployment?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
LindaA
Expert Alumni

I am filling out the information for my 1099-G form. Is "Payer Name" my name? Is the address my current address or the address when I collected unemployment?

No, you are not the payer (you are the recipient). The Payer is the state agency that paid you the unemployment compensation. On the Enter your 1099-G info screen, you'll need to enter the payer's name, address, and federal ID number as shown on the Form 1099-G, not your personal information. (Click the attachments below to enlarge them for examples.)

Boicey

• There are no examples or attachments
Khunt0941

Where do I find the tax ID number 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

The TIN number is the Tax ID Number on Form 1099-G located under the Payer's information. 

@Khunt0941

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

when you get a tax form turbotax expects you will enter what is on that form.

slkoester

I am looking for the actual TIN number for Colorado.  It should not be this hard to find.  Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Susan

If you cannot see it on the 1099-G form then you will need to contact the state for assistance : 

https://cdle.colorado.gov/tax-form-1099-g

I am trying to send my Virginia tax return electronically.  Mine and my wife's social security numbers are shown, but when I try to send it, TurboTax says I need to submit my taxpayer ID number from Form 1099-G. I don't have one. All business is done on my social security number. What number can I put in so I can file my taxes?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It may be asking for the Taxpayer Identification Number for the issuer of the 1099-G Form.  Please see below for the location of this number.

1099-G form

It will need to be entered as follows within TurboTax.

Go to the federal interview section.

1. Select Income & Expenses
  2. Scroll down to All Income and select Unemployment.
  3. Select Unemployment and paid family leave
  4. Proceed through the screens and enter the information as prompted.  
  5. When you see the screen that says Let's get the details from your 1099-G, enter your information as reported on your 1099-G.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies