turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

srock09

I am filing two separate states. One of the state's I have to mail the forms. What forms do I send?

The forms I've printed has both state taxes. Do I send them all?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

I am filing two separate states. One of the state's I have to mail the forms. What forms do I send?

Yes, if you were printing only the forms required for the state that needs to be mailed, then you should send them all.

The second state return is most likely being included if you claimed a credit for taxes paid to another state as a part of that state return.  When this is the case, the state taxing authority wants to see a copy of the other state’s tax return.

If that is not the reason that it printed both returns, then consider it is better to send too much information than not enough and possibly delay the processing.  If the second state return is not needed, it will just be discarded.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Yes, if you were printing only the forms required for the state that needs to be mailed, then you should send them all.

The second state return is most likely being included if you claimed a credit for taxes paid to another state as a part of that state return.  When this is the case, the state taxing authority wants to see a copy of the other state’s tax return.

If that is not the reason that it printed both returns, then consider it is better to send too much information than not enough and possibly delay the processing.  If the second state return is not needed, it will just be discarded.

Manage cookies