Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

toknow904

How will I know if the IRS received my 1095-A and 8962 forms. Different rep are telling me different answers.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
Kadian

How will I know if the IRS received my 1095-A and 8962 forms. Different rep are telling me different answers.

If you had mailed it off using certified mail, then you can track it that way. If not, you can call the IRS directly (800-829-1040) to confirm if they have received it. 

How do I know if they received my form

I emailed them the form

Niki0131

I need to send them the same documents!  Could I please get the email address you used?

jthays414

where do i send my 8962 form? If I expecting a return? I'm in kansas if that matters.

Rachelefreeman15
Returning Member

I faxed in my 8962,form on March 12 2021 how will I know if the IRS is processing my refund? My refund had been accepted it's just missing my 8962.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately, the IRS is the only agency that will be able to address that for you.

Please see the links below for more information on how to view the status of your return as well as processing times for the IRS.

IRS processing time and refund status

View your tax account with the IRS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lanora69

what email did you send it to 

lanora69

but they dont update their website where you can view your account regularly they said 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@lanora69 This is a 2 year old thread so the individual that you are posing your question to may not respond. Addressing your 2nd post, when you say "view your account", not sure if you are referring to your irs.gov account in general or if you are referring to being able to check the status of an anticipated refund on WMR. However in general - yes the IRS is experiencing delays (including updates) due to the ongoing effects of the pandemic. Should you need to reach out to the agency, contact information can be found here.

I sent in my 1095A and 8962 forms that the irs requested. But I didn't fill it out, because I didn't know how or understood how, so to be on the safe side I sent everything to them..will they calculate it for me?

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@Khylan2015 If you had entered your 1095-A in your tax return, TurboTax would fill out form 8962 for you and you would send the IRS your 1095-A and the completed Form 8962 from your tax return.

If you didn't include the 1095-A in your return, you are correct that the IRS will calculate the Form 8962 for you. You may get a notice of either a Refund or Tax Due.

Click this link for more info on How is the Premium Tax Credit Calculated

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies