Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take to get a refund if you file an injured spouse form

Well at least u made me feel better n thank you

I read 11 weeks if you file electronically. Next Saturday will be 11 weeks for me, and there still has been no update to the expected refund date. I feel like this is rather absurd. But, I also recognize that the IRS does not care even one iota about people, so my feelings are irrelevant.

I sent mine Feb 28th they received it March 4th didn’t work until March 12th and called twice in April and again on May 4 was told to call back June 5th and called today May30th and was told there was a problem but don’t know what the problem was or why nothing is being done. But was told to refile again and hopefully I can get it by September the latest October
PhilipK

No two returns are alike, and many different factors can affect the timing of your refund after the IRS receives your return for processing.

For some taxpayers, the identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS in recent years may account for longer wait times.

Other things that can delay your refund include but are not limited to:

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution will need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

Fmaafu17

What if I never received a notice by phone call or mail about the offset? Can I still fill out and send a injured spouse form?

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

If you expect your refund on a Married Filing jointly return to be offset or applied to the debt of your spouse, you should file Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation.

If you believe the refund may be offset you should file Form 8379 whether you have received a notice by mail or phone or not. You can find out more information here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lphillips

This year 2020 for 2019 taxes took 17 weeks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies