nbenfield300

How do I use the 2019 turbotax file on the windows application? I'm having an issue where the program won't recognize the file downloaded from the intuit website.

bluedeb

Did you download your Online file as a .tax file?  If you did, then with the download software make sure you update the TurboTax program first (Online menu, check for updates), then click on the File menu, choose Open, then browse to where saved your Online .tax file.  Do not just double click on the .tax file, it needs to be opened in the TurboTax program.

See the following for downloading your Online file as a .tax file.

Start by purchasing and downloading the software and install it on your computer. If you're also filing a state, be sure to download and install the corresponding state program (PC instructions | Mac instructions).

1. Now sign in at TurboTax.com using the same login you used to prepare your prior-year return.
    • If you don't remember it, try account recovery. Still no luck? Then just start over in the TurboTax software you downloaded and skip the rest of these instructions.
  2. Under Your tax returns & documents, select Download .tax file (not the PDF) for the prior year you want and save it to your computer.
  3. Back in the CD/download software, select Find a Tax File, and then browse to the tax data file you downloaded in the previous step.
  4. Select the file and click Open.
  5. You can now finish up in the software. Your return will need to be paper-filed, as e-filing prior years is no longer available.

bluedeb

4. Select the file and click Open.

chico7172

i need help with installing turbotaxhomeandbusiness2020