Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I successfully import my E*trade brokerage account data in Turbotax Home & Business 2020?

For me, importing from E*Trade Bank instead of E*Trade Securities fixed the issue. 

How do I successfully import my E*trade brokerage account data in Turbotax Home & Business 2020?

THAT WAS THE TRICK!!

Broke_Kid

This is the fix. 

sean_b

This worked!  Thanks for suggesting it.

Hi, 

I tried to import documents from etrade , but everytime i try , its the same message. There are no documents to import. I did over 50 transactions last year and some dividend reinvestment transactions which i cannot enter manually. If turbo tax cannot do it, i might end up doing manually but i prefer it be done by import method. I am using turbo tax for the last few years and I do not know why i am unable to do it this year. I really need some help regarding this. 

Thanks and regards,

Pradeep 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried the suggestion in this thread of importing from E*Trade Bank instead of E*Trade Securities?

@pradeep3569

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

MichelleLO, there is no E*TRADE bank option to select. The choices are: E*TRADE Advisor Services, E*TRADE from Morgan Stanley (Bank Accounts) & E*TRADE Securities. I have tried w/all 3 and get the "nothing to import message". This is so frustrating to see so many people having this issue but no fix is being supplied.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have tried the suggestions above and you are still unable to upload, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@hearnhardt

[edited 3/18/22 9:08 AM CDT]

jeff_b

I was having this issue as well importing from E*Trade and tried the 3 options I could find, Securities, Bank and Advisor. I would get different error messages in all 3, ranging from password issues to no data. What finally got me in was to enter just my password without the 6 digits from the VIP Access app.

I hope this solution works for you. It has been super frustrating not being able to import the data. I skipped it and was at a point I needed to fix or manually enter (was not looking forward to manual entry).

Thanks for the suggestion. Thankfully, using the standard login w/securities option I finally got the import to work on 3/19. I had over 1500 rows of data so I was looking at having to summarize & mail the IRS a copy of the transactions. Glad I don't have to deal w/that now.

Is this resolved this year ?

I am not able to import Tax documents from E*Trade securities 

Any solution ?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried importing from E*Trade Bank instead of E*Trade Securities? Many users have found success with importing from E*Trade that way. 

For additional information, please see

What if I can't import my 1099?

@rabindra_das

Hi Michelle

There is no E*TRADE bank to choose

only 2 options

1. E*TRADE Advisory

2. E*TRADE security

Thanks

RK

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are unable to import the 1099 to Mint, please follow the help guide here. @rabindra_das

jeff_b

The solution for me was to not include the 6 digits from the security app, just use your password.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies