turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I send written questions to a TTax Consultant before we talk about them?

I have over $400K casualty loss from the 2017 Hurricane Harvey Flood Disaster Area. Also a dozen how to questions about 3 years carry-back and 20 years carry-forward losses. I'm using TT CD. That's 23 years and I will never use up that much loss. So I want to talk to a TT consultant about amending my last three 1040 returns and properly doing the future ones in the smartest way possible.

It's all very complicated.

To use her time wisely, how can I email a list of the questions in advance of our phone call.

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How do I send written questions to a TTax Consultant before we talk about them?

TurboTax does not provide any type of service where you can send written questions to a tax expert and have those questions answered, free of any fee.  Nor would TurboTax have a service to assist you in completing three years of amended tax returns.

Your best option for your situation is to contact a local paid tax professional in your area to assist you with preparation of the amended returns and answer any type of questions you have concerning your tax returns.

TurboTax does have the TurboTax Live online editions where a CPA or other Tax Expert is available when preparing your current year tax return.  That type of option is not available using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions.  

Go to this website for the TurboTax online Live editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/live/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies