Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I save information in the online version as a .tax file and then upload it to my desktop version?

My desktop version is for Home and business.  It doesn't allow me to import coinbase csv files.  I read that if I import the csv file to the online version, I can save it as a .tax file and then import it to  my desktop.  can anyone help with this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How do I save information in the online version as a .tax file and then upload it to my desktop version?

How far are you?  Have you already imported the csv file into an online return?   If not I have more steps we can do first.   

You do not import the .tax2022 file from online.  You just download it and OPEN it in the desktop program.  So if you already  started a desktop return you can't import to it.  The online return is now the tax file.   

First save your return as a tax data file from Online
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/saving/help/how-do-i-save-my-turbotax-online-return-as-a-tax-data-...

See how to switch to the Desktop program,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

After you get the program reinstalled the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW). Enter some basic information, then go to the state tab and download the state program. Then try to open your existing return, go to FILE - OPEN

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies