Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I remove the self employment

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

You can file a return without self-employment using that software package, if that's your question.

If your question is where you put in self-employment income that you want to remove, it's under the business income header in the interview sequence.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Do you mean that you want to remove the self-employment income from your tax return, or do you mean that you want to downgrade from TurboTax Self-Employed to a lower version? If you want to remove self-employment income, have you already filed the tax return? Note that if you have self-employment income you have to include it in your tax return. You can't just remove it or leave it out.

If you are asking how do you get to the self-employment conversation:

Click the "Federal Taxes" tab, located in the gray bar at the top left of your screen.
Click the "Wages and Income" button.

Click the "Continue" Button

Click the "I'll choose what I want to work on"  button

Scroll down to the "Business Items"

Either choose the sub-item you want to work on, or click the "Visit All" button to walk through each item.
Follow the prompts.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post

I the previous replies don't answer your question, please provide more information about what you are seeking.
Please add details of your issue or problem.
What are you trying to do - which screen or form? What exactly is the problem you want solved?  Describe your situation.

Or....are you trying to downgrade to a less expensive version of the software?   If you do NOT have self-employment income you can clear and start over in a different version like Deluxe or Premier.   Understand that if you clear and start over you will lose all the data you have entered and really have to start from scratch.

CLEAR AND START OVER

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586254-how-do-i-clear-and-start-over

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies