turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I remove form 8880 from my tax return? I have tried going back and changing my answer and I have tried the delete form option through the Tax Tools.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I remove form 8880 from my tax return? I have tried going back and changing my answer and I have tried the delete form option through the Tax Tools.

I tried doing the same to avoid being charged  $39.99 to upgrade to deluxe for a savers credit of $30.

Ive used turbo free version for several years and now they charging for basic forms. HRBLOCK is not charging to file that form.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I tried doing the same to avoid being charged  $39.99 to upgrade to deluxe for a savers credit of $30.

Ive used turbo free version for several years and now they charging for basic forms. HRBLOCK is not charging to file that form.

Thank you for your response. I guess if anyone else is having this problem go to H&R Block! Turbotax will not help you.

Just wanted to give an update to this.  Apparently you CAN deleted Form 8880 via the tax tools drop down menu, however right before you e-file Turbotax will review your forms and ask you AGAIN about your retirement savings and this important because even if you answer NO (repeatedly) to this question, if you have reported retirement contributions on your W-2 it will always auto-generate that blasted form.  You can not get around it.  So either you're forced to upgrade to Deluxe for a ridiculously lousy "tax credit" or you'll have to go elsewhere.  We're filing with someone else this year (2020) because it's just asinine that Turbotax is forcing payment when you can file these exact documents for both federal and state elsewhere for free.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies