How do I get a business code for Scentsy, Inc. it is a direct sales co that I am a rep for and get a 1099 misc for. I have an office in my home for this.

dimiller67

AndreaC1

You can do a search for your type of work by clicking the blue Lookup Business Codes option when you are logged into TurboTax and on the Let's look up your business code screen. And if you don't see anything that matches, just put in 999999, which is miscellaneous. It's not something the IRS needs nor will it have an affect on your return.  

This one comes up for direct sales but you can also use 999999 if you'd prefer:

• "Other direct selling establishments (including door-to-door retailing, frozen food plan providers, party plan merchandisers & coffee-break service providers" (454390)