turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nanafor6

How do I force the section 179 carryover into the 2021 return so that I can claim the deduction?

turbo tax did not carryover from 2019 to 2020 or 2021. how do I force section 179 carryover into 2021 so I can deduct?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I force the section 179 carryover into the 2021 return so that I can claim the deduction?

You most likely need to go year to year. TurboTax should do the carryover automatically after a transfer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You most likely need to go year to year. TurboTax should do the carryover automatically after a transfer.

nanafor6

I tried to force the amount in each of the years but I would have to totally redo my tax returns for those years to get the amounts to transfer. For the final 2021 return, Turbo Tax would not let me force the amount where I thought it needed to go.  Since I am just doing my own return and this was a small partnership reported to me on a K-1, I don't want to do that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies