nanafor6

How do I force the section 179 carryover into the 2021 return so that I can claim the deduction?

turbo tax did not carryover from 2019 to 2020 or 2021. how do I force section 179 carryover into 2021 so I can deduct?

tagteam

You most likely need to go year to year. TurboTax should do the carryover automatically after a transfer.

tagteam

nanafor6

I tried to force the amount in each of the years but I would have to totally redo my tax returns for those years to get the amounts to transfer. For the final 2021 return, Turbo Tax would not let me force the amount where I thought it needed to go.  Since I am just doing my own return and this was a small partnership reported to me on a K-1, I don't want to do that.