turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I find out if I was approved for the RAL?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

If you are approved for the refund advance loan, you will receive a subsequent email stating the amount that you are approved for as well as outlining the steps for accessing your temporary card for online purchases. The FAQ's below provides further details:

How will I know if I'm approved for Refund Advance and how long does it usually take?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/00/27511

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
me35
Returning Member

my refund was accepted last night i have not gotten anything approval or denial

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

"If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

We'll email you instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. This includes physical and online stores.

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision."

See here and here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies