Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I download my 2021 tax return so that the .tax is something my computer can upload? such as .doc?

My computer is different from last time I filed. My OS chromebook will not accept .tax files
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I download my 2021 tax return so that the .tax is something my computer can upload? such as .doc?

TurboTax does not support software for a Chromebook operating system.  Only Windows or Mac.

You can run TurboTax On-line from a ChromeBook on the Intuit web site, using the Chrome browser. You CANNOT install TurboTax Desktop (from a CD or download) to a ChromeBook. Only software from the Chrome (Google) Web Store can be installed on the Chromebook itself.  how to switch from desktop (old computer) to online

You have to use TurboTax Online on your computer to do this transfer (it won’t work from a mobile device).

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online and start a new return, or open or continue a return you already started
  2. After the screen has loaded, select the Tax Tools dropdown menu in the left column, and then select Tools
  3. In the pop-up window, select the Transfer last year's TurboTax return (the .tax2021) from your computer link (if you don’t see this option, you may need to clear and start over)
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies