ssgriffiths23866

How do I change my checking account number?

Had to close old checking account because I was scammed

Did you already e-file?  If you did NOT e-file you can go to the FILE section and change how you want to receive your refund.

You cannot  change banking information while your return is in pending, nor can you change it after the return is accepted.

If you e-filed:

Banking information for direct deposit is wrong

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

PattiF

You can change your checking account number following the directions below:

If you transferred your info from last year's return, TurboTax may prompt you to deposit your tax refund into the same account you used last year. You can easily edit the account info you wish to transfer your money into before you file.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app