Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Sandra 2
Returning Member

How do I change my address?

This is my new address

@Sandra 2 This is a public web site that can be seen by anyone—including scammers and would-be identity thieves who would love to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax.  Please remove the personal information you posted here ASAP by returning to your post and clicking the three little blue dots on the upper right to edit your post.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@Sandra 2 

When you prepare your 2020 tax return you can change your address in My Info--but that will not go to the IRS until you file your tax return.  The IRS will not be accepting 2020 returns until the end of January.

To change your address now with the IRS  --- but this takes weeks --

CHANGE OF ADDRESS

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes/address-changes

Make sure the post office is forwarding your mail.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I was wondering because i have been trying to see if the IRS have my correct address .on January the 4th my stimulus check was schedule should be direct deposit but the account was closed .but after just this morning it's scheduled to be mailed out tomorrow but there is no way for me to contact them because you can't give personal information

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

It's not possible at this time to change your address with the IRS.  Make sure, however, that you have filed a change of address and forwarding request with your local Post Office.  You should also file your 2020 tax return as soon as possible so that the IRS has your current address for any future stimulus payments.

JessT1

[Removed PII]

This is a public web site that can be seen by anyone—including scammers and would-be identity thieves who would love to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax.  Please remove the personal information you posted here ASAP by returning to your post and clicking the three little blue dots on the upper right to edit your post.

@JessT1 Not sure why you posted your address in the user forum.   If you need to change your address on your tax return before you e-file you have to do that in My Info.

If you need to change it with the IRS after you filed:

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes/address-changes

Make sure the post office is forwarding your mail.

If you are trying to update your TurboTax account:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-updates/help/how-do-i-update-my-turbotax-account-informati...

ascoca108
Returning Member

my info

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Help Article here on how to change your personal account details.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mercedesmarii
Returning Member

215 w 6th st 

@Mercedesmarii This is a public web site that can be seen by anyone—including scammers and would-be identity thieves who would love to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax.  Please remove the personal information you posted here ASAP by returning to your post and clicking the three little blue dots on the upper right to edit your post.

ellabuton
Returning Member

hi my name is Ella. I filed my tax refund and it was accepted, minutes later I found out I put my old address so I hurriedly changed it luckily I was able to edit my mailing address. It's been 3 weeks now and I still haven't receive should I be worried? did my changes in my mailing address came through? I'm really nervous. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@ellabuton If you noticed the error after your tax return was accepted then it would be too late for any edits to apply. The only way you would have been able to make that change on your return is if it was rejected which would allow for the opportunity to fix it. If the issue would affect calculations on your return then you would be able to file an amended return in Turbo Tax; however due to it being an address issue, you may want to contact the IRS directly regarding this matter - contact details can be found here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Nuk

[PII removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies