Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I buy TurboTax 2019 to download and install on my PC? I won't be doing 2019 (and 2018), along with 2020, until January. By then 2019 not for sale?

I already have 2018 downloaded and installed for a while now, so I am set there. But I want to buy 2019 and download before it presumably disappears.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

How do I buy TurboTax 2019 to download and install on my PC? I won't be doing 2019 (and 2018), along with 2020, until January. By then 2019 not for sale?

It won't  disappear.  2019 is still the current version here.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/ 

But after Oct 15, 2020 it will move to the past year page here

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/ 

buy TurboTax 2019 the same way you bought TurboTax 2018

2017, 2018 and 2019 will still be available as desktop software (CD/download) after the current online software for 2019 closes permanently.  But you will only be able to print sign and mail your 2019 return after October 15, 2020.  E-filing will be closed permanently; then when the 2020 tax filing season opens in January 2021 you will only be able to prepare or e-file a 2020 return using the online program.

You will be able to purchase the past year software from TurboTax or from various retailers such as Amazon.

If you are getting a refund, there is not a penalty for filing past the deadline.  If you owe taxes, the interest/penalties will be calculated by the IRS based on how much you owe and when they receive your return and payment. The IRS will bill you for this; it will not be calculated by TurboTax.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Oh, and when you want to e-file 2020--you will not have a 2019 AGI in the system.  So you will have to use "zero" as your 2019 AGI.  If zero will not let you e-file 2020, you will also have to print, sign and mail the 2020 return.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

When you mail those returns, remember to use separate envelopes and addresses for federal and state returns--they do not go to the same address.  And put each tax year in its own envelope.  Do not combine them in any way.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

do you really intend to file 2019 late and 2018 which is already late?

There is a penalty for that.

You really want to e-File 2019 so you can then also e-File 2020.

You need to do your 2018 return if there is potential impact of 2018 on 2019.

IRS has staffing issues for paper processing that don't seem to be going away soon.

doggonelady2018
Returning Member

I ordered for the Mac but would not download on my ipad, wanted to replace it so I could use it on my PC laptop. I was told y customer service I would get a refund then I could order the PC version. But I did not get a refund. Not good customer service.

@doggonelady2018 The CD/download cannot be used on any sort of mobile device.   You need a full PC or Mac.   Contact customer support.   If you want to use the download on a Windows laptop you need the Windows download, not the Mac download.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

I think they could have just switched you to the Windows download or added it to your account.  You didn't need to get a refund.  Ask them again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies