How do i attach w2 to New York e-file return? For ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryx
Returning Member

How do i attach w2 to New York e-file return? For the past two year my refunds have been delayed pending w2 submission.

4 Replies
Texas Roger
Level 15

How do i attach w2 to New York e-file return? For the past two year my refunds have been delayed pending w2 submission.

If you entered the W-2 information on your state tax return before you efiled it, there is no need to send a copy of the W-2 to the state. All the information they need is in the efiled return. The only reason you would need to send a copy of a W-2 is if you printed and mailed your return instead of efiling it. Not sure what happened in prior years. 

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

You cannot attach copies of your forms W-2 to your NY tax return if you e-file.

And when you e-file, you are not required to attach copies of your forms W-2.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jerryx
Returning Member

Yet I have been asked to send in scanned w2s for the last two consecutive years by New York state. I was wondering if there were a way to preempt... 

VolvoGirl
Level 15

Just by printing and mailing your return with the W2s instead of Efiling.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings