How do i attach w2 to New York e-file return? For ...

jerryx

How do i attach w2 to New York e-file return? For the past two year my refunds have been delayed pending w2 submission.

Texas Roger

If you entered the W-2 information on your state tax return before you efiled it, there is no need to send a copy of the W-2 to the state. All the information they need is in the efiled return. The only reason you would need to send a copy of a W-2 is if you printed and mailed your return instead of efiling it. Not sure what happened in prior years. 

MinhT1

You cannot attach copies of your forms W-2 to your NY tax return if you e-file.

And when you e-file, you are not required to attach copies of your forms W-2.

jerryx

Yet I have been asked to send in scanned w2s for the last two consecutive years by New York state. I was wondering if there were a way to preempt... 

Just by printing and mailing your return with the W2s instead of Efiling.