How do I add partner/shareholder information to K-...

dereksutton

How do I add partner/shareholder information to K-1? I can't find what to add or where to input it.

I completed an Estate return, but when I try to print the K1 forms for the beneficiaries, it says "Your schedule K1 form are not ready yet. Please add partner/shareholder information to your return." I can't find what to add or where to input it.
ThomasM125

I suggest you go to the forms mode (click on the "Forms" icon on your menu bar) and click on the schedule k-1 for each of the beneficiaries. You will see the information needed on each form, as it will be highlighted in red. You should be able to enter the information directly on the form. If not, you can place your cursor on the line highlighted, and then "right click" on your mouse and look for "Data Source" and click on that option to find where you can enter that information.

mwachal

Piling on to this question as I have the same problem/error. I followed the suggestion to access the K-1 via the Forms mode, but there are no fields in red that need to be completed on the K-1, and all required information appears to be present.

I guess I can print the K-1 directly from the Forms view, but I think the error popping up in the Step By Step is a bug in the product.

Mike

DavidS127

When I tried to print K-1s for a trust return, I did not get the error message you are getting. 

If you haven't done so already, check for software updates using the top menu bar, Tools>>Check for Updates.  

Also, check to see that the beneficiary information in Part II of the K-1 is complete, including name, address, and identifying number.