turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I add partner/shareholder information to K-1? I can't find what to add or where to input it.

I completed an Estate return, but when I try to print the K1 forms for the beneficiaries, it says "Your schedule K1 form are not ready yet. Please add partner/shareholder information to your return." I can't find what to add or where to input it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

How do I add partner/shareholder information to K-1? I can't find what to add or where to input it.

I suggest you go to the forms mode (click on the "Forms" icon on your menu bar) and click on the schedule k-1 for each of the beneficiaries. You will see the information needed on each form, as it will be highlighted in red. You should be able to enter the information directly on the form. If not, you can place your cursor on the line highlighted, and then "right click" on your mouse and look for "Data Source" and click on that option to find where you can enter that information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Piling on to this question as I have the same problem/error. I followed the suggestion to access the K-1 via the Forms mode, but there are no fields in red that need to be completed on the K-1, and all required information appears to be present.

I guess I can print the K-1 directly from the Forms view, but I think the error popping up in the Step By Step is a bug in the product.

Mike

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

When I tried to print K-1s for a trust return, I did not get the error message you are getting. 

If you haven't done so already, check for software updates using the top menu bar, Tools>>Check for Updates.  

Also, check to see that the beneficiary information in Part II of the K-1 is complete, including name, address, and identifying number.

bspiegs

I have the same issue.  The K-1 form is complete, with no red errors.  Part II is complete.  I still get the error.

bspiegs

I should add I am running 2022 Business Turbotax for Windows.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Go back over your shareholder information.  Make sure your percentages add up to 100 and that you have entered everyone's everything correctly.  The system thinks there is an issue and there probably is.

@bspiegs 

bspiegs

Thanks.  I went to the K-1 form and entered some zeroes in the blank distribution items, and the form now prints.

jekulp

I started adding zeroes with no good results.  Where did you add the zeroes?

PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Please clarify your objective in adding zeroes to a TurboTax form. What issue are you attempting to resolve?

Note that this thread is from last tax year. You may wish to start a new thread if you have other questions for this forum.

@jekulp 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies