But it won't show on line 10 of the Federal tax form IF..IF..IF..you used the Standard Deduction on your 2015 Federal tax return....
Form 1099-G reports certain types of government payments you received during the tax year. Examples include unemployment, paid family leave, or if you received a state or local tax refund for a prior tax year.
Where you enter the information depends on what type of payment was reported on the 1099-G.
To enter your state refund, reported to you on Form 1099-G, please follow these steps:
- Click on Federal Taxes > Wages & Income [In TT Self-Employed: Personal > Personal Income > I'll choose what I work on].
- In the Other Common Income section, click on the Start/Update box next Refunds Received for State/Local Tax Return. [See Screenshot #1, below.]
- On the screen, Did You Get a State or Local Tax Refund Last Year? click the Yes box.
- If you used TurboTax to prepare your 2015 return, you may see a screen, Your 2015 State and Local Tax Refunds. Click the appropriate box and then click Continue. [Screenshot #2]
- If you don’t see the screen mentioned in step 4, you will see a screen, Tell us about your refund. Enter the information from your 1099-G. Click Continue. [Screenshot #3]
If the 1099-G was not issued for a state refund, please see the FAQ below for more information and instructions on where to enter the payment.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post