Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I access the "Dedicated phone line for technical support" available to TurboTax Advantage customers?

The reason I use TurboTax Advantage is access to the dedicated phone line for technical support. 

After search for the answer in Help and Community, I dialed the basic customer service number. I had to get through the frustrating voice prompts after multiple tries and it not being able to understand me. I waited forever, and then got hung up on twice. Awful experience.

When I needed to use it last year, it was great. And that justified my continued participation in TurboTax Advantage going forward.

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I access the "Dedicated phone line for technical support" available to TurboTax Advantage customers?

I just found my own answer!

1. When logged in on the windows app, just click on "Help" on the top left of the screen on the pulldown menu list.
  2. Then select "TurboTax Help Center."
  3. The Help Center window will then open on the right of the screen. In the search line, type "advantage."
  4. At the bottom of the screen a gray "Contact Us" button pops up - click on it. Type in your question.
  5. If no correct answer is provided, go to "How would you like to connect with us?" Click on "Call Us"
  6. Enter your name and phone number. Click the "Get a Phone Number" button.
  7. TurboTax will then give you a unique phone number and case number for your call.

Do not click on the (what seems to be obvious) white "Live Tax Help - ADVANTAGE ONLY - View details" box on the top right. If you do, it will ask you to pay another $50 and make you quite frustrated...

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I'm not aware of any dedicated phone line.

Here is how you call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It does say  Advantage has a dedicated phone number.  But that might just means it puts you higher in the list when you call.  If it is for a special phone  number it might be listed on your account or in an email?  

Dedicated Phone Line
Dedicated phone line for live technical support

• Our member phone number prioritizes your call in the queue.
  • Receive expert assistance in answering all your technical questions.

I just found my own answer!

1. When logged in on the windows app, just click on "Help" on the top left of the screen on the pulldown menu list.
  2. Then select "TurboTax Help Center."
  3. The Help Center window will then open on the right of the screen. In the search line, type "advantage."
  4. At the bottom of the screen a gray "Contact Us" button pops up - click on it. Type in your question.
  5. If no correct answer is provided, go to "How would you like to connect with us?" Click on "Call Us"
  6. Enter your name and phone number. Click the "Get a Phone Number" button.
  7. TurboTax will then give you a unique phone number and case number for your call.

Do not click on the (what seems to be obvious) white "Live Tax Help - ADVANTAGE ONLY - View details" box on the top right. If you do, it will ask you to pay another $50 and make you quite frustrated...

Good luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies