How can I settle a long-standing installment agree...

How can I settle a long-standing installment agreement whose balance due is growing larger rather than smaller?

I have been paying the minimum monthly payment due, and don't see how I would ever be able to ay off the balance this way or any the way.

Go online and make a payment directly on the IRS website ... once the balance due is paid the installment payments will stop automatically.    Or you can change the payment plan ... as you can see if you make the bare min payments you will never pay it off due to the additional penalties and interest charges just like a credit card. 

https://www.irs.gov/payments

I'm afraid the response does not address my question. Please read my questions again and respond.  Many thanks.

What ???   Do you not have an IRS debt ?    If you do then you either pay it off in full or re-negotiate a payment plan.