turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I settle a long-standing installment agreement whose balance due is growing larger rather than smaller?

I have been paying the minimum monthly payment due, and don't see how I would ever be able to ay off the balance this way or any the way.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How can I settle a long-standing installment agreement whose balance due is growing larger rather than smaller?

Go online and make a payment directly on the IRS website ... once the balance due is paid the installment payments will stop automatically.    Or you can change the payment plan ... as you can see if you make the bare min payments you will never pay it off due to the additional penalties and interest charges just like a credit card. 

https://www.irs.gov/payments

I'm afraid the response does not address my question. Please read my questions again and respond.  Many thanks.

What ???   Do you not have an IRS debt ?    If you do then you either pay it off in full or re-negotiate a payment plan.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies