turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I paper file my NY return? I need to attach a form to the return because I am applying for ITINs for dependents.

Turbo Tax does not let me file my NY Return on paper.  I have to attach the W-7 form to the return for my dependents.  Is there a way to override the efile requirement?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I paper file my NY return? I need to attach a form to the return because I am applying for ITINs for dependents.

You may file a NY state tax return by mail.

The New York Department of Taxation and Finance removed the penalty so you may file a NY state tax return by mail (see page 35: https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/it/it201i.pdf). Please review the following link for more information: Is there a penalty if I don't e-file my New York return?

To print and file your tax return(s) by mail in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software, please review the following link and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information: How do I print and mail a return in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software?

See attached screenshot. You may Continue past the screen(s) regarding "Filing your New York return on paper is not recommended."

If those instructions are unhelpful, you should try selecting the Print Center icon in the upper right.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You may file a NY state tax return by mail.

The New York Department of Taxation and Finance removed the penalty so you may file a NY state tax return by mail (see page 35: https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/it/it201i.pdf). Please review the following link for more information: Is there a penalty if I don't e-file my New York return?

To print and file your tax return(s) by mail in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software, please review the following link and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information: How do I print and mail a return in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software?

See attached screenshot. You may Continue past the screen(s) regarding "Filing your New York return on paper is not recommended."

If those instructions are unhelpful, you should try selecting the Print Center icon in the upper right.

I wan t to know if I can file my New York State taxes by mail.  There Was a small error on one of the forms and I was told if it could nt be corrected, which it could nt be, I should mail my taxes.  Should I include my Social Security income form and well as my other forms, or just mail by tax form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies