carolinavldz

How can I make sure my fiancé is able to claim the kids if I claimed them in accident but did not get any tax refund due to not working last year?

If you already filed then he will have to mail in his return and you will have to amend your return.  If you didn't work how did you file a return?  You need income to file.  Did it let you efile?  

For him to claim the kids (and probably you) you all had to live with him the whole year.  

IS fiancé their other parent?
carolinavldz

Yes

carolinavldz

No it didn’t let me efile they sent me a form that I had to fill out and send back to them but I didn’t
carolinavldz

We did live together the whole year can he still claim me even if we’re not married?

Yes if you lived with him all year and you had less than $4,150 total income he can claim you as a dependent.  And he claims the kids and he will probably get to file as Head of Household which is better than Single.
carolinavldz

Thank you so much for your help