turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I make sure my fiancé is able to claim the kids if I claimed them in accident but did not get any tax refund due to not working last year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I make sure my fiancé is able to claim the kids if I claimed them in accident but did not get any tax refund due to not working last year?

If you already filed then he will have to mail in his return and you will have to amend your return.  If you didn't work how did you file a return?  You need income to file.  Did it let you efile?  

For him to claim the kids (and probably you) you all had to live with him the whole year.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies

IS fiancé their other parent?

Yes

If you already filed then he will have to mail in his return and you will have to amend your return.  If you didn't work how did you file a return?  You need income to file.  Did it let you efile?  

For him to claim the kids (and probably you) you all had to live with him the whole year.  

No it didn’t let me efile they sent me a form that I had to fill out and send back to them but I didn’t

We did live together the whole year can he still claim me even if we’re not married?

Yes if you lived with him all year and you had less than $4,150 total income he can claim you as a dependent.  And he claims the kids and he will probably get to file as Head of Household which is better than Single.

Thank you so much for your help
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies