How can I leave the routing number and account num...

jjo1

How can I leave the routing number and account number blank (not "x") and final form 1040?

MinhT1

The "x" are filled in automatically by TurboTax when you have not entered a bank account. You should leave them as they do not in any way affect your tax return.

jjo1

Thanks for answering.  I am doing this return for an elderly neighbor and I don't know (or want to know) her banking info.  I want to print the return with direct deposit info blank so she can fill in her own info.

MinhT1

There is no alternative. If you enter her bank account in TurboTax then it will be printed out.

If you do not enter the bank account in TurboTax then it will be printed out with "x".

fsuracer666

Is there anyway you can check and see if my return is going to be direct deposited I have the confirmation No#

ColeenD3

TurboTax does not have access to that information.

fsuracer666

So how would a brother goes bout finding out ths information?

JohnB5677

If you kept a copy of your tax return, or if you can bring it up on your computer, look down to where it says REFUND line 21 (b&d).  If this area is blank you did not request a direct deposit.